Just for fun...

Just for fun  - some guesses at what other people may do this year :)

Dragonflies!
The iridescent wings and beautiful colours of these carnivorous insects are going to be hard to resist - I'd love to see someone make a set of wings to go with their corset this year.

Butterflies and moths
Sparklewren has always been very influential in the world of corsetry and her beautiful collection inspired by butterflies and moths would have been an inspiration to people regardless of the theme this year. There are so many different butterflies and moths that this could be interpreted in a myriad of ways and I am excited to see how.

I'm expecting to see lots of "winged" corsets this year, with the pointed top edge being reminiscent of certain butterfly wings
Wasps - I am 100% certain I will not be the only person to make the connection between "wasp waisted" and insects and I am excited to see how other people will use this as a jumping point for their entries.

Wildcards and features I expect to see:
Honeycomb
Antennae 
Multifaceted crystals inspired by the eyes of bluebottle flies etc
Iridescent leather
Extreme cupped rib shaping
Exaggerated top and bottom edges 
Lots of inspiration drawn from Dita's Gaultier corset





Comments

Popular Posts