Finally, my comfort zone

Hooray! I get to do something within my comfort zone.
Today I am working on the pattern for the corset. I am using a corset from a fashion magazine published in 1872. I have a number of antique pattern magazines containing corsets, including one from 1869, but I have chosen to use one from July 1872 because it is closer to my measurements than those in the 1869 edition. There is also a 'corset en coutil blanc' which is fairly close to my measurements.

Other options would be the 1860 corset from Jill Salen's book 'corsets' or the 1860s corset from Corsets and Crinolines. The corset in Jean Hunnisett's Period Patterns for Stage and Screen is a pattern I have made up a bunch of times; it's a pretty good "catch all" pattern for mid-Victorian corsetry.





All three of these use the Hunnisett pattern - I've used it many more times :)

So yeah - Tomorrow I start actually sewing. Hurray.



Comments

Popular Posts